I know we are told that showing up in your life over and over again will get you results and while that’s true it’s not the entire secret sauce.
When you keep showing up over and over again shift will happen but recently I’ve been struck by additional ingredients that can make all the difference.
Elevated emotion, belief that something more is possible here and self-ambition – wanting more and daring to go there.
Together these combine to open the head, heart, and gut which creates a state of increased awareness and possibility. Now what we tell ourselves has a chance to change from the tried, trusted and sometimes limiting systemic beliefs we have to a new possibility.
Once you show up in that state over and over again, you start creating new sentences and new truths. Now you are moving beyond the old family sentences and mindsets, or the ones you have created in response to an event and you are no longer trapped and living someone else’s history.
If you increase your level of showing up and begin to add in elevated emotions like joy, kindness, love or gratitude, a knowing that something different is possible and the determination to go there, your language changes. Your thoughts and emotions change and with it your actions and self-talk change. Suddenly your world is no longer the same.
Your Systemic Sentences
You begin to move from:
“I’m not good enough/smart enough/strong enough” to “I am learning/ I can do this/I am doing this/I belong here.”
Now you’re no longer caught in the past but are solidly positioning yourself to write your own chapter and build a future you like. We are stronger self-magic makers than we imagine.
Love the sentences you tell yourself every day – your systemic sentences. Don’t treat them as limiters. Instead, use them to identify where you may be stuck or looking to move to a higher level.
Then notice what you really want, how you want to feel and then dare to go there.
Here’s a quick exercise to jumpstart your own showing up with a sprinkle of elevated emotion, possibility, and self-ambition. I’d love to hear what happens for you all when you add these additional ingredients.
- Please write down one way you would like your life to change/ be more/ grow
- Now write down all the things you tell yourself that limit you from getting there.
- Who said that first? Was it you or does that language/mindset live in your family somewhere?
- To whom or to what event might these sentences belong.
- What more is possible here that you would like to see for yourself?
- Write down how you will show up consistently
- Add one elevated emotion that you will add that you can feel as you write it down
- What can you tell yourself about the way you are changing your life?
- For the next 21 days, I want you to feel and embody the way you have just designed.
Come and Find out at the Emotional DNA Workshop